Cultural & Diversity Programs
CSI advises cultural months/diversity programs:
- Latinx Heritage Month (9/15 – 10/15)
- InterFaith Week (October)
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. University Commemoration Week (January)
- Black History Month (February)
- Asian American Awareness Month (April)
Each cultural month will include a student planning committee, who plans the main events including:
- A kickoff event – Typically an event to bring together the UIC Community to commemorate the beginning of the month and publicly share the calendar.
- A networking event – Brings together faculty, university staff, and community members
- A keynote event – This past year this has included a major speaker.
- An arts / showcase event – This event either takes the form of a crafts night where students come to create art that represents the culture celebrated or a showcase of talent from students of the culture being commemorated.