Spark is UIC’s very own music concert that takes place in the first few weeks of the Fall semester. Spark is free for UIC students. In 2010 as a back-to-school event, Spark was designed to bring local, national, little known, and well-known artists to campus. The Spark offers a mix of entertainment for UIC’s diverse campus community.
Saturday, September 30, 2023
5:00pm to 10:00pm
Doors close at 7:30pm
Harrison Field | 836 W. Harrison, Chicago
- A FREE concert for UIC students, staff, and alumni to enjoy
- Food! (available for purchase)
- Headliner: AMINÉ
- Middle Act: REMI WOLF
- Openers: DJERGO (UIC Radio's DJ Battle Winner) and LAVENDER POINT (UIC Radio's Battle of the Bands Winner)
Spark is a closed event for UIC students, staff and faculty. No outside guests allowed. No tickets for sale. No re-entry. Gates open at 5:00 pm and close at 7:30 pm. No re-entry.
Follow @UICCSI on social media to get any exciting updates #UICSpark23
Additionally, free VIP Passes will be given to UIC Students who enter into contests found on our social media pages @UICCSI. Students MUST be following UIC CSI's Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter page to win a VIP Pass.
If you have any questions, please contact studentInvolvement@uic.edu.
Important Information Heading link
On behalf of Parking Services, UIC will offer free parking for UIC students Spark 2023! Please park at the following locations:
- Harrison Street Parking Structure | 1100 West Harrison Street
- Lot 1B | 1139 West Harrison Street
Food & Beverages
Spark is an alcohol and substance free event.
No outside food or beverages permitted.
No water bottles allowed. Free bottles of water will be provided.
Food will be available for purchase. Expect long lines so make sure to eat before you arrive as well. Bring cash and card.
The following is a partial list of items that are prohibited:
- Outside Food and Beverage
- Cameras: No flash/professional photography
- Audio or Video Recording Devices
- Selfie sticks
- Bags: Backpacks, Large Bags, Suitcases, or any purse/bag larger than 14″x14″x6″ Tripods/Monopods, Laser Pointers, Alcohol, Drugs, Noise Making Devices, Fireworks, Flashlights, Skateboards/ Rollerblades, Beach Balls, Cans or Bottles
- Any item that could pose a safety hazard or restrict the enjoyment of another guest Weapons are prohibited. Weapons include, but are not limited to, the following: firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons, martial arts instruments, pepper spray, tear gas, knives, etc. Guests found in possession of the above-mentioned items will be asked to remove the item from the venue or dispose of it. Guests who refuse to comply will be ejected from the venue and may be subject to arrest.
- No re-entry into the venue
The safety of our students, staff, faculty, performers, volunteers and vendors is very important to us. Please make sure to follow UIC’s COVID safety guidelines. If you have COVID symptoms, please stay home. After the event, if you are exposed or test positive to COVID, please follow UIC’s reporting procedures.
Past Spark Performers
Since Spark, formerly known as Spark in the Park, began, the UIC Community has been entertained with great music performances from:
- Lupe Fiasco (2011)
- Childish Gambino/Santigold/Kids These Days (2012)
- Kendrick Lamar/Chance the Rapper/Frankie Knuckles/Griz (2013)
- J. Cole (2014)
- Twenty One Pilots/Wale (2015)
- Travis Scott/Young Thug/Daya (2016)
- Nick Jonas/Big Baby DRAM(2017)
- H.E.R./Rich the Kid/Femdot (2018)
- 21 Savage/Cuco (2019)
- Lil Tecca/Flo Milli/Baby Santana/Carmen Mena (2021)
- PartyNextDoor/Princess Nokia (2022)
Join us for Spark 2023!