As we adapt to a new virtual learning environment in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, we are faced with a unique opportunity to stretch our communication skills and utilize new technologies to create more personalized and adaptive learning and connections for students. Broadly defined, virtual engagement involves using various online technologies such as Zoom video conferencing, social media, and other digital platforms. These platforms will help students to stay involved with the UIC campus community.
We want UIC students to succeed anytime, anyplace. These resources are available 24/7, because students are 24/7.
Please share these resources with your student peers, and with faculty and staff who work with students, during this time of social distancing and virtual learning.
Virtual Engagement Heading link
Looking for fun virtual engagement activities for your student organization? Need a break from online classes? A few moments to de-stress? Check out the following options:
Virtual CSI Events
- Check the CSI Facebook for events we are hosting each week.
- Follow @UICCSI on Instagram — we are spotlighting student orgs and past events, as well as advertising our virtual events!
Check out some of these wonderful places around the world!
- Various Zoos and Museums around the US
- Various Museums around the world
- More Various Museums around the world
- The Lourve Virtual Tours
- NASA Media Tours
- Georgia Aquarium
- Natural History Museum Virtual Tour
- Disney Land Virtual Rides
- San Diego Zoo
- #TooCute Baby Animals Live Webcam
- Full Episodes of The Aquarium
- The Best of Cute and Cuddly Kittens and Puppies
- Great Wall of China
- Hawai’i Volcanoes
- Big Bend
- Science and Research in Denali
- Fuji, Japan
- Gombe, Tanzania
- Pyramids of Giza
Arts & Crafts
Bored at home? Check out some of these fun Arts&Craft ideas!
Games & Puzzles
Here are some great activities, games, and puzzles you can do while at home!
- Online Board Games
- Crossword Puzzles
- Various Puzzles
- Make your own Virtual Book Clubwith friends!
- Play Charadeswith your friends!
- Free Movies, TV, and More!
- Netflix Party
- Playlists/music parties
- Crossword Solver
Try to stay active while you are home. Here are some free ways to do so!
- UIC Campus Recreation offers online workout classes.
- Down Dog App(Free until 7/1/2020 with your .edu email)
- Peloton App(Free 90 day trial)
- FIT Onis a free app with hundreds of different on demand workouts
- Planet Fitnessis doing live streams daily multiple times a day on Facebook
- Core Power Yogahas on demand classes
Looking for an escape?
- Check out these apps
- UCLA Meditation
- Free Mindfulness Meditationdaily M-F 2pm CST with Ten Percent Happier Coronavirus Sanity Guide
- Calendar to help mental health
Check out more resources from the Couseling Center here!
Here are some additional resources!
- College Pen Pal Program: Meet students from around the US who are facing these same difficult times
- Presence – 53 Virtual Activity Ideas
- The UIC Counseling Center
We are here for you! If you have comments or questions, we are open M-F 8:30-5:00 pm and you can reach us via email email@example.com or by phone at 312-413-5070, text:312-725-2793.
Check out our social media for other events!