New Student Organization Registration
Before you start: Heading link
Create a mission, vision, and goals
- Find other UIC students who share the mission, vision, and goals of the new student organization
- Find a full-time faculty/staff member of UIC to serve as a volunteer advisor of the new student organization
- Create roles and responsibilities
- Create a constitution and selection process
- Recruit and network with new members
- Host your Student Organization Elections using zoom for candidate speeches and use the elections module on UIC Connection for voting.
- Request and obtain an off-campus affiliation letter of support (if applicable)
Please have the following materials BEFORE attending a New Student Organization Registration:
- A completed 2022-2023 Checklist
- The organization’s constitution with all necessary clauses
- New organization Presentation
- Complete the Module Organization Orientation (M.O.O.) by the Student Organization’s president, treasurer, and advisor
Please have the following materials before a New Student Organization Registration:
Links for Student Orgs Heading link
New Student Organization Registration Process Heading link
New Student Organization Registration Process
Registration for a new student organization involves 5 simple steps:
- Complete the Module Organization Orientation (M.O.O.) by the student organization president and treasurer. This is the link for student organization advisors: https://go.uic.edu/orgorientationadvisor. All 3 must submit prior to a registration lab.
- Participate in registration lab IN PERSON for May 2022.
- We are limiting attendance to only ONE officer (president, treasurer, third officer) per organization.
- This officer will need to RSVP and attend the registration for your organization by May 8th, 2022
- RSVP: http://go.uic.edu/MayOrgRegistration
- There are only 6 sessions in May 2022
- These are final sessions before Involvement Fairs 2022
- Submit a new student organization presentation plan to email@example.com once the lab has concluded.
- UIC Connection registration (including renewing your constitution every other year, off-campus affiliation letter of support if needed; yearly)
- CSI Review and Approval