Student Organization Registration for 2019-2020
Every organization on campus must send a member to attend a registration workshop in order to be active for the 2019-2020 academic school year. The member that will attend will be the one who completes the registration for your organization. Your organization is in good standing until May 16. On May 16 every organization will be considered “not in good standing” with UIC.
To prevent that from happening a member of your organization must attend a Registration Workshop. This semester workshops will begin on March 5 and go on until April 30. Each workshop is from 5PM-7PM, the locations vary on the date.
Spots are limited and walk-ins are not allowed. The person who will attend must do the following to RSVP (it is a two step process):
- Logon to UIC Connection (connect.uic.edu)
- Click on the “Events” tab
- Search for “Registration” and all 28 workshops will populate
- Click on the one that the organization member will attend
- Then select “I will be attending” AND read the description and click on the hyperlink provided in the description to RSVP.
Prior to attending a workshop, I agree to have the following with me:
- The three officers full name, UIN and their UIC Email
- The Faculty/Staff Advisor name and UIC Email
- An updated constitution with the following statements:
Membership: “It is the policy of the University of Illinois at Chicago to not engage in discrimination or harassment against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, order of protection status, genetic information, marital status, disability, sexual orientation including gender identity, unfavorable discharge from the military or status as a protected veteran and will comply with all federal and state nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, orders and regulations.”
Handling of Funds: “The President and Treasurer are financially responsible. These officers will be the only members allowed to access the COF account. The advisor may not be the third officer. All funds raised on campus MUST be deposited into the organization’s on-campus Chicago Organization Fund account. “
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org