Flames Finish Strong
Flames Finish Strong is a university wide initiative. UIC knows the pressure that students are under when it comes to finals, and the Flames Finish Strong events aim to curb the anxiety by offering on-campus programs to ease the stress. Over the years, UIC has developed finals week traditions as a way of bringing the campus together and easing the stress of exam time. We also celebrate our graduating students, who will be Forever Flames. Thank you to our campus partners for hosting these programs and extended hours!
The African-American Cultural Center (AACC) also holds extended study hours Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of finals week from 9am to 9pm. So come study, relax and enjoy our soul food breakfast at the AACC in Addams Hall!
Commuter Student Resource Center (CSRC) begins its extended hours on Monday, December 2 to Thursday, December 12, 2019 (Monday to Thursday only) from 7:30am to 8pm. CSRC is located in Student Center East, Suite 245.
Latino Cultural Center (LCC) Study Space: Get your study on! The LCC's Gallery and Computer Lab will be open from 9am to 5pm during Finals Week (Dec. 9 – Dec. 13)
The University Library begins its extended hours schedule for the end of the semester and finals week on Sunday, Dec. 1, 2019.
- The Richard J. Daley Library will be open continuously from 10 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 1, through 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13. During extended hours, only patrons with valid i-cards will be able to enter the building from 9 p.m.-6:30 a.m. A dedicated Library Shuttle will serve Library patrons from 11 p.m.-7 a.m. every day from Sunday, Dec. 1 (11 p.m.) to Friday, Dec. 13 (7 a.m.). The Library Shuttle picks up/drops off at the west (Morgan St.) door to the Daley Library. You must show a valid i-card to use the Library Shuttle.
- The Library of the Health Sciences-Chicago will continue to offer its regular schedule of service during the exam period. The building is open 6 a.m.-2 a.m. seven days a week. Early morning and late-night entry is UIC i-card swipe only. The LHS-Chicago Library Shuttle operates Sunday through Thursday from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. Pickup is on Polk St. in front of the building.
- Hours for all Library locations are online from the Hours & Locations link for each library at library.uic.edu/libraries.
Shuttles/Night Ride/Walking Escorts:
- The Library Shuttle picks up/drops off at the west (Morgan St.) door to the Daley Library. You must show a valid i-card to use the Library Shuttle.
- The LHS-Chicago Library Shuttle operates Sunday through Thursday from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. Pickup is on Polk St. in front of the building.
- Late Night Breakfast Shuttles operate only on Monday, December 9th at 9:30pm to December 10th at 1:00am. Pick-up schedule will be the following:
- 9:30pm West Campus - Polk Street Residence (PSR) and Student Center West (SCW)
- 9:40pm Academic Residential Complex (ARC)
- 9:50pm Thomas Beckham Hall (TBH)
- 9:55pm Richard J Daley Library
- Night Ride (door to door service) begins at 10:30pm from Student Center East. Please go to the shuttle table located on the 1st floor.
- Walking escorts begin from 9pm to 1am to/from the parking garage and the library. Please go to the shuttle table located on the 1st floor.